Tenby Harbour beach is probably the smallest in this great seaside town but it’s interesting and adorable in equal measures. Small but pretty much perfectly formed.
Plus you get the benefit of watching all the activity in the harbour here. And there’s plenty of it.
Toing and froing of fisherman and the boats and watching their catches as they come in. And you can sample them at the kiosk just up the slipway. Or in the many restaurants in Tenby town centre.
It’s got it’s very own chapel too! St. Julian’s was built for the fisherman in 1878 and is well worth a look inside.
How to get to Tenby Harbour Beach
Tenby is in Pembrokeshire, the western most county in Wales. Way beyond the Western end of the M4 it’s very well signposted as you get closer.
From the East – Cardiff/Swansea
- Take the M4 West to it’s end at Pont Abraham services
- Take the A48 to Carmarthen from this roundabout, and
- At Carmarthen take the A40 for St. Clears.
- At the St. Clears roundabout take the first exit for the A477, signposted Tenby.
- Stay on this road until you get to Kilgetty.
- At the Kilgetty roundabout take the first exit (A478) towards Tenby.
- At New Hedges, go straight ahead at the roundabout and stay on this road until you reach Tenby. (For directions to the car park see below).
- Tenby is approximately 18 miles from St. Clears (a drive of approximately 26 minutes).
From the North – Aberystwyth
- Take the A487 to Cardigan and then the A478 towards Crymych.
- Stay on the A478 until you get to, what is known locally as, Penblewyn Roundabout.
- At the roundabout take the second exit (straight ahead) to Narberth.
- Tenby is well signposted from Narberth. Follow the one-way system in Narberth until you can bear left on the hill towards Templeton
- Pass through the village of Templeton and Folly Farm Park before reaching Begelly/Kilgetty.
- Pass straight through the two roundabouts and stay on the A478.
- At New Hedges again, go straight ahead at the roundabout and you will reach Tenby after around 1.5 miles. (For directions to the car parks see below).
- Tenby is approximately 6 miles from Kilgetty (a drive of approximately 12 minutes)
Where to park for Tenby Harbour Beach
As Tenby Harbour Beach is right in the centre of town’s coastline, the Multi Storey car park and South beach car parks are the closest large car parks and they are equidistant to Castle Beach.
However there are two small pay and display car parks closer to Harbour Beach, Five Arches and Rectory Park Pay and Display car parks.
OS grid refs. and nearest postcodes
- Five Arches car park Map Ref. SN 13364 00327 – SA70 7DL
- Rectory Park car park Map Ref. SN13189 00226 – SA70 7EB
Alternatively you could park at North Beach car park which is a little further away.
Where to stay near Tenby Harbour Beach
The nearest places to stay are probably on The Croft, the street which practically overlooks the beach. The sea-views from here are really difficult to beat.
There’s also an abundance of accommodation all over Tenby from B&Bs and guesthouses to Hotels and Self-catering options.
If you find somewhere within Tenby town centre itself you’re not going to be more than a few minutes walk from Tenby Harbour Beach.
We always check out what’s available where at Booking.com
More information about Tenby
There are actually 4 Beaches in Tenby and they’re all as good as they are individual. They regularly win awards and feature in top 10 lists of beaches in the UK.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Clicking on them will result in no additional cost to you but may earn us a small commision.